Sandvik® CS660 conversion
1st January 2018
CMS Cepcor® have recently completed the major re-build, conversion, installation and commissioning of a Sandvik® CH660 crusher to a CS660 for a large gold mining company.
CMS Cepcor® were selected as the genuine alternative to the OEM as our re-build and conversion proposal offered significant costs savings versus purchasing a new Superior® type crusher.
The customer’s decommissioned Sandvik® CH660 was returned to our Coalville crusher service facility in need of major re-build having crushed millions of tons of gold ore.
Following detailed inspection and testing the bottom shell was deemed serviceable and was then processed through our component re-build program undergoing all the necessary remedial repairs to return it to original factory tolerance for use in the conversion.
Ultimately to convert the crusher from a CH (Hydrocone® type crusher) to a CS (Superior® type crusher) the following parts were supplied or re-built by CMS Cepcor®
• New CMS Cepcor® feed hopper assembly.
• Reconditioned original Sandvik® spider, assembled with new CMS Cepcor® parts.
• New CMS Cepcor® topshell assembly (including wear parts).
• New CMS Cepcor® mainshaft assembly (including wear parts).
• New CMS Cepcor® eccentric assembly.
• New CMS Cepcor® pinion shaft assembly.
• Reconditioned original Sandvik hydroset® assembly, assembled with new CMS Cepcor® parts
• New CMS Cepcor® dust collar assembly.
• Reconditioned original Sandvik® bottom shell, assembled with new CMS Cepcor® parts.
• New CMS Cepcor® crusher support frame complete with guards and new WEG® motor.
The entire re-build and conversion process was completed in accordance with our Lloyd’s Register ISO quality system which included the full assembly of the crusher in our Coalville facility prior to shipping. All of this had to be managed to meet the customer’s challenging deadline for expansion of their processing circuit.
Standing over 5 metres tall once assembled and weighing over 35,000 Kgs the crusher has an imposing presence for a secondary cone crusher.
CMS Cepcor® can offer the service to convert any of the following models from Hydrocone® type to Superior® type (or vice-versa) using off the shelf stock components.
Sandvik® CH420 | H2800 → CS420 | S2800 (also Svedala H2000 → S2000)
Sandvik® CH430 | H3800 → CS430 | H3800 (also Svedala H3000 → S3000)
Sandvik® CH440 | H4800 → CS440 | S4800 (also Svedala H4000 → S4000)
Sandvik® CH660 | H6800 → CS660 | S6800 (also Svedala H6000 → S6000)
CMS Cepcor® have unrivalled and extensive expertise in re-building a wide range of worn components used in crushing equipment. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities are unrivalled by both aftermarket and OEM’s in the local market.
All CMS Cepcor® aftermarket compatible parts are manufactured and warranted by CMS Cepcor® and it is not implied they originate from the OEM.
CMS Cepcor® - the genuine alternative